But one thing that really, really amazes me is that you actually tolerate my crazy sleeping schedule. You just accept it, no judging involved. {Remember that one time I fell asleep in the movie theater on your birthday? Yeah. [And just a friendly reminder that I DID stay up late/get up early because I was actually working hard. So.]}
And then there are those moments when we're relaxing, and you're so comfortable, so I get drowsy. You tell me without hesitation, "Lay down, take a nap." You'll move into a better position, put a pillow on your lap, and invite me to lay my head down. Just like that.
I even woke up once and found that you'd been covering my ears because people were walking around and being loud. On multiple occasions at your house, no matter what we're doing, you'll immediately go and get a blanket for me because I'm always cold. You just cuddle up with me and let me rest.
And when I'm not feeling well? Again, you just tell me to slow down and rest. You're magnificently good at slowing me down when I'm going a thousand miles an hour. And that is no easy task.
And the point of this isn't that I have a sleeping problem {which is debatable, but that's another topic for another day}, nor is it that you just want me to sleep all the time.
The point is, that you are so good at making me comfortable. You just do it because you're the sweetest man alive and you're entirely selfless. I would never ask for you to put me before yourself {quite the opposite}, but you do it anyway. You're always thinking of others' happiness.
I wouldn't have been surprised at some point if you'd just gone, "Listen... how about you get some sleep at night like a normal person?" {Granted, I do need to do that..} You're just incredibly accepting and you make me comfortable and safe. Physically and emotionally. You've got it all covered.
So thank you for letting me get my rest. Whenever we're together, you let my body rest, but my mind also immediately is at rest too. I really appreciate you.
And I really love you.
yours,
m.g.e.
yours,
m.g.e.
No comments:
Post a Comment