Something I really appreciate and adore about you is the fact that you've seen my weird side... and you still love me.
Now, this weird side is ever-present, but sometimes I just get hyped up on caffeine or lack of sleep and it's all downhill from there. As if that wasn't bad enough, I just get restless, and I want to get up and do something, have your attention on me, and relax - all at the same time.
Like tonight, I wanted to make plans to go to the beach. I don't tan, I burn, and when I do go to the beach, I can't just lay around basking in the sun because I get {once again} restless. {Could this be a sign of ADHD? We'll pretend it's not.} But I, nevertheless, wanted to go the beach. In all likelihood, it's because going anywhere is 110% better when you're there. So yeah, sure, going to the beach with you makes sense. But the fact I never go to the beach on my own time just...says a lot about me.
And your response? "Okay, it's your pick." You're so... accepting of my personality.
The fact that I choose to go to the beach, even though that's a rare occurrence? You don't even question it.
But the same goes for everything else. When I make a weird joke, you actually laugh, because either 1) you understand what I mean and genuinely think it's funny, or 2) you just know I'm the silliest thing on the planet, and weird jokes come with being in a relationship with me. Either way.
And then there are those days where I go from perfectly happy to incredibly self conscious about myself {my complex with my giant forehead, for example}. You immediately deny any self conscious thoughts, without even questioning the quick change. And I know that can be frustrating, because you hate when I berate myself.
I don't know - this whole post itself is weird in that it's sort of all over the place. So I hope you can interpret my weirdness once again. And understand that that right there is something I love about you. You're incredibly accepting, and I never thought I'd find someone as perfectly compatible for me as you.
I, weirdness and all, love you.
yours,
m.g.e.
No comments:
Post a Comment