Tuesday, September 23, 2014

that one obsession

   You know that one obsession I have? {Cough cough Pinterest cough.} Of course you do. Because I'm always talking about things I've seen on there. May or may not have encouraged you to get your own Pinterest as well. {You're such a good man.}
   You also know how obsessed I am with planning our future wedding on there. To be fair, I started pinning wedding things long before we became an item. I'm a romantic, just like you. I just express this in odd ways - namely, the internet...?
   Anyway. I like to plan our wedding because thinking about that special day is so exciting for me. I don't know when it'll happen, but the fact that it will happen means the world to me.
   Well, sometimes I just can't help smiling at those wedding pins. Thinking about us as the bride and groom, having the flowers and colors we like, our close friends and family nearby, and just an overall lovely atmosphere... it's exceedingly, perfectly wonderful.
   
   Of course, I'm more excited to just be married to you. The marriage life will suit us well, I have no doubt. We fit together so well. We'll learn to cook better together, I'll clean the bathroom {because my hair will be everywhere, no matter how hard I try to contain it}, you'll take out the trash {because you even do that at my house}, we'll watch our favorite shows together, and the cuddling...
   Man, the cuddling. I cannot wait for unlimited cuddling, let me tell you. It is inhumane to keep someone as comfortable as you away from someone as nocturnal as me. I find it incredibly hard to fall asleep at night. Not even sure where it came from. But when I'm with you? I get so comfortable and warm that sleep isn't a problem. 
   Well. Sometimes it still is a problem, because my brain goes, "He's HERE! You're EXCITED! STAY AWAKEEEEEE!" And my body goes, "¡OKAY!" But that's okay too.

   So yes, I avidly plan our wedding. As do you. Because neither of us can wait to be together. Can I also mention how adorable it is that you agreed to a Pinterest account because you wanted to see my original wedding board? And now look: we have our own private wedding board so I can pin freely without showing my ideas to the world. 
   For the record, I know that not all planning ends up that way when the actual wedding comes, but the best part is that no matter what, we'll be planning it together. We won't have to worry about any opinion other than ours. Also yes, I fully plan on letting you have a say in the decorations and everything.
   Because our relationship is give and take. We do things together, since our whole relationship is about togetherness. 
   Speaking of which, I get to see you tomorrow, so while I could go on and on {and on and on} about our bright, magnificent future and wedding plans... sleep calls. I'm sure you get the point: I am so in love with you and I love our past and our present, and I already love our future. Oh, and can you guess what else? I love you.

yours,
m.g.e.

No comments:

Post a Comment