Friday, September 12, 2014

accomplishments!

   I'd just like to take this time to remind you how far you've come, my love.
   First, you graduated college this year. On time. Not everyone can say they did that. {Not even sure I will. Whoops.} You pushed through all the ridiculous parking {or lack thereof}, fees that every college seems to pull out of thin air, overdose of books {e.g., that one book you bought for that one sentence on that one particular page}, group projects from the devil, midterms and finals that caused gray hairs... 
   You did it. And you did it well, because you worked so hard and you made an effort in all your classes. You were so dedicated that you would go home early from my house on some nights, just to study more. While I'm glad this doesn't have to be a thing anymore, I admire how hard you worked.

   And now look where you are! You're earning above minimum wage at a job that you do extremely well at. But it doesn't stop there, because you're once again working your butt off to find a full time job. And that's not easy. {I mean, this is coming from the girl who got rejected by Chipotle.}
   But then there's you. You're getting interviews, you're impressing a ton of people, and you're sending out applications to even more jobs. You won't stop until you find what you want and what you need. It can get discouraging, with all the criteria out there and the awful economy. Yet you still keep pushing forward.
   And I'm so proud of you. I hope you know that and that I communicate it enough to you. Because I really, truly am. You're such an inspiration to me to work harder. 
   I've wanted to give up on my own scholastic career so many times. But I realize my end goal: you. Then life doesn't seem so difficult. 
   I'm pushing myself because you've made that much of an impact on me. {I mean, I wouldn't be allowed to quit school even if I tried, BUT there has to be something that keeps me from allowing myself to slip into a below average grade state. And that's you.}
   So thanks for the inspiration, sweetheart. Again - I'm SO proud of you. You're such an awesome gentleman. I love you.

yours,
m.g.e.

No comments:

Post a Comment