We were once warned that we were in the "honeymoon" phase of dating. This occurs around the first year, and it basically implies that all things are new and lovey-dovey, but eventually, you'll get used to one another and fall into a comfortable apathy.
Maybe I'm stubborn. But we're approaching our second year, and I couldn't be more infatuated with you.
The other night, I noticed that my hair smelled nice. {Sorry. It's kind of really such a girl thing to do.} So I asked what it smelled like to you.
You took a whiff and just shook your head and said in this genuine tone, "Like an angel." I thought you were joking, so I waited to see if you were going to make a face. But you didn't, so my heart grew about 3 sizes.
Then there's times where I notice how much I crave holding your hand or kissing your perfect lips. I have this thing where I always need to be touching you, whether it's snuggling up with you or resting my hand on your leg or holding your hand {one of my personal favorites}. I just love the nearness of you.
But those kisses. Wow. Embarrassing story time - during the beginning of our relationship, you kissed me multiple times, but I was terrified of kissing. I guess I was afraid I'd be a bad kisser or something. Maybe it was just something new I had to adjust to. You were, after all, my first kiss {and I, yours}. But when I got over that little problem... my whole world expanded.
And now I cherish every single kiss. Enough that there's no way I have any qualms about PDA. I am the PDA queen. Mainly with hugs, but I'll accept any form of affection.
I'm just labeling myself as someone whose love language is physical touch. But I'm a-okay with that.
On top of all this wonderfulness, I can't get enough of you. I love spending time with you and every time we have to say goodbye, I get a little sad, because it's like watching the sun go down on the horizon: you know it's still there, but not where you want it to be.
There's these little things you do too. Little, but so significant. Like how you make a point to open the car door for me every time we're driving anywhere. Or how you actually prefer to pay for dates. It's stuff I would never require from you, and if you wanted things to change, I'd definitely accept, but you still do it because you want to. You're such a gentleman.
We don't always have perfect days. Sometimes we may argue or get irritable. And I can admit, it's my fault 90% of the time. But there have been very few times during these less-than-happy times where you didn't tell me you loved me and kissed me goodnight.
I don't need to go into the times where I'm just a brat. I can be plain stupid. You are probably welllllllll aware of that, unfortunately. But I'm thankful for your patience and kind heart. I don't know how I still deserve you, but you still love me and I would never wish otherwise.
And when I'm being stubborn, and you tilt my chin up to look into your eyes... well you know that makes me melt. You've got me completely under your spell.
So no, I don't believe in the "honeymoon phase". If it exists, we must be on an eternal honeymoon - something I'm completely okay with. {Roadtrip ideaaa.}
I'm infatuated with everything about you. And I love you so much - that's never going away.
yours,
m.g.e.
No comments:
Post a Comment