Wednesday, September 24, 2014

natural

   There's been a few times you've seen me without makeup. 
   Tonight was one of those times. I was doing biology all day and ended up looking like a hobo, and you came to surprise me with your wonderful presence.
   Of course, you looked handsome. That cologne... dressed all nice, too. Gotta love a man who can rock a beanie and loves to wear ties. I'm a fan.
   Then there was me. Wearing oversized sweatpants {NOT the cute kind}, a plain v-neck, hair unwashed {yikes} and in a ridiculous bun, eyebrows undone {hashtag blonde problems}... Just not the best I've looked. I even ran to the bathroom to draw on those eyebrows. Pathetic, I know.
   But you stopped me. 
   There's something about you that actually likes when I go natural. You like when I wear dresses and get all fancied up... but you also like natural. Which I find a little shocking, because hobo me isn't always a nice sight.

   You always tell me I'm beautiful, and I usually laugh a little and say thanks. Laughing because I'm kinda self conscious.
   You've seen me at my worst, and you still love me. I'll never take that for granted. I can be comfortable without wearing makeup or putting on a cute dress because I know you like me for me
   Never thought I'd be that comfortable around someone.
   I love that I can be myself around you, and I know I've said that before, but it's so true. Tonight, you came over because you were in the area and you wanted to see me. Just - that. Even that is just so wonderful to me. 
   I know that I don't have to hide {physical} aspects of me from you, a) because I don't need to, and b) because you love that I don't.
   
   You're the guy that other girls dream about. "I want someone who tells me I'm beautiful when I have no makeup on", "I want a guy who thinks I look good even when I'm wearing sweatpants", or even "I want a guy who isn't afraid to show me off to his friends". 
   Oh, you're good. You do it all, even though I feel like I really don't deserve someone as amazing as you. But there you are.
   
   So I'll try not to be so scared of showing you the "hobo" side of me. I know I can trust you to love me no matter what. I mean, I want to impress you always, but it's such a relief knowing that you like me natural just as much as fancy.
   You're such a catch. I'm incredibly blessed to have you.
   I love you. So does hobo me.

yours,
m.g.e

p.s. THREE DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment