So we had to cancel plans. You didn't complain. You didn't shame me over anything. You said "okay, I'll just find something else to do". Yes, I wanted to hang out with you {SO BAD}, but the fact that you just let me figure my busy-ness out... it was so gracious.
Our relationship is so easy, sometimes I have to remind myself that this isn't just a miraculous dream. You're so chill and easygoing. I guess it helps that you have like, five thousand friends too.
Which is another thing. I do get a little possessive about spending time with you because I love it, but I would never tell you to turn down plans with friends because of me.
Yet, you always make time for me. So much so that I feel like I owe you a week with your friends. But you never complain, and you like time with me? Talk about a Prince Charming.
It works out splendidly. You understand my need to focus on the little things, and I understand your need to focus on the big picture. {Aka, school versus adult job.} You help me study, I help you look for job opportunities. It's pretty swell.
And the whole thing is, you're my best friend. Understanding each other just comes as a package deal with being in love.
I'll never stop getting excited to see you when I can. {One day, that'll be every day. Yes.} I was asking you recently what you wanted to do on a night we were hanging out, and you replied that it didn't matter to you because it's always perfect just because we're together. How romantic and true.
I'd just like to point out that you've changed so much in me. I used to be so nervous to talk to you. I had no idea what to say, and my desperate attempts at trying to make you laugh seemed feeble. But for some reason, you had an interest in me. Boy, was I lucky. I was worried that one day my humor was going to make you stand up and calmly but quickly exit the room.
Then there was that one fateful night where I called you to tell you how much I liked you. The real kind of like. I mean, I'd pretty much decided that I was in love with you already, but that was a little strong. I'd let you make that move first. {
My palms were sweaty, knees weak, arms heavy... {I'm sure you get the point so you keep on rapping Eminem and get back to this when you're done.}
But really.
I was so timid back then, even though I'd like to think that I was a lot more bold than I thought I could ever be. But you brought me into this perfect comfort zone, and just like the title of this...
It was all chill and stuff.
I love you, toots.
yours,
m.g.e.
No comments:
Post a Comment