Tuesday, September 16, 2014

keep your chin up

   You know the feeling. Being a college student, and, I imagine, being a college graduate can be incredibly discouraging. 
   Sometimes life just doesn't go the way you planned, and it's ohsofrustrating. Even worse, sometimes the people in your life are the discouragers, telling you what you can and can't do. Telling you how your life is supposed to go, when you're pretty sure you already know what you want. Know what I mean?

   Well I'm here to tell you, dear soulmate, that you are more than capable to do anything you want to do. This is coming from the queen of the stress and discouragement department, so I deeefinitely know what I'm talking about. {Kidding.. but not kidding.}
   Sometimes I think you undermine how accomplished you are. You have done so much with your life, and I'm constantly impressed by you. But you're incredible humble about it all, and while that's a good trait, you should still know how amazing you are.
   I could go on for hours about you and your accomplishments. Even better, I can go on for days on what an incredible character you have.
   
   I've seen people who have amazing talents that go to waste because they refuse to push themselves any further outside of their comfort zone. But you're constantly striving for better.
   You won't stop at anything to get to the goal you know is right for you. I've been shocked {and impressed} at your confidence. You're not one to back down, and I hope that you never lose that part of you.
   I hope you'll ever need to come back to this post, but just know: you are amazing. Don't let the crazy people and negativity in the world get to you. I live off of your positive attitude.
   I have so much confidence in you because I know that not only will you work for what you want, but I also am convinced that with the amount of work you put into everything, you'll always succeed. And if you can encourage me to continue school, you must know that you're a great example.
   I'm so proud of how far you've come {as I've stated before} and I'm even more excited for where you're going in life. Even if there are setbacks, or one of those crazy persons gets in your way, I have no doubt that you'll still manage to impress us all.
   By the way, you have an astounding amount of patience for the crazy people you do have to deal with. It's just part of your character. To me, you're like a combination of Superman and Batman. You can do anything, and you're completely legendary when you do it.
   You're going to do great things. I'm so excited for you, sweetheart.
   I love you much, Superbat. {...new nickname.}

yours,
m.g.e.

No comments:

Post a Comment