Thursday, September 25, 2014

source of happiness

   You know, whenever I see you, I get really happy. And not just the "oh cool, he's here" kind of thing.
   I don't know if you've realized it, but I can be a lonely person. I've never known how to show affection to other people - probably just a little too shy. I always get excited when I meet new people because I see potential friends.
   A lot of people think I'm standoffish though, because I'm one of those introverts who's better at dealing with people individually, rather than in a group. Doesn't mean I don't like people.

   But you... you're my sunshine. I am so perfectly comfortable around you that sometimes, family members have been shocked at how open I am with you.
   And that's the thing - I can't not be open with you. I want to tell you everything because you're the one person I know who'll understand. That and I know you care about what I have to say.
   Right now, at 2:30 AM, we are currently two days {!!!} away from our anniversary. I don't think I have to remind you about how stoked I am. But it's not about the presents you've been threatening me with or the fact that you're amazing at surprises - I'm just happy to have you to myself for a whole day.
   I'm sure you know that by now. But your presence is so fantastic.
   
   For example. Sometimes, someone will say something funny, but I find it a little difficult to laugh out loud. It maybe takes a pretty good joke to get me to actually laugh out loud. But I find you so hilarious. You just shock me with how many amusing things you have to say.
   I love it, because I really do love to laugh. I have a goofy laugh, and maybe that's part of the reason why I keep it hidden.
   You definitely know how to make me laugh, though. I appreciate that tons.
   Your smile, too. And your eyes. They sparkle {in a good way} when you laugh. I like to make you laugh too. And I know I've done well when you slap your knee. It's great.

   Ugh, marrying you is going to be so perfect. You're so cute when we talk about that as well. Once, I wanted you to envision our wedding day and you told me to stop because you were going to cry just thinking about it. {Again, in a good way, I presume...? Kidding.}
   Our whole relationship is based off of making each other smile. I've never seen you cry, but as much as I say I want to see that... well if I really think about you crying, I don't actually want that to happen.
  
   So. September 28th, 2014. You and me. It won't matter where we go because it'll be wonderful and romantic and I won't have one worry in my mind.
   I'll hold your hand and go wherever you go, because I'm madly in love with you. You are an incredible man. Your heart is so big and you are so good to everyone you meet. Even if you don't like them, you manage to put on a handsome smile and make things work. {And don't worry, I'll always be here to lend an ear when you have stories about crazy people.}
   I can't thank you enough for how you've impacted me and keep my world going. I love you so much, BDM.

yours,
m.g.e.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment