You get to see this whole blog {probably} on Saturday night, the day before our event-filled anniversary. So let's get nostalgic.
Remember when you and I barely talked? We were in multiple science classes together in high school. But we never talked. I never could forget the one day you laughed at a stupid joke I made in Marine Biology. I legitimately couldn't let it go.
You were always that guy I didn't fawn after, only because I couldn't even fathom you actually liking me back. {Unfortunately, I didn't realize how wrong I was. More on that later.} I talked to my sister about you, asking the what-ifs, but I just imagined that you were in a completely different world than me {aka, more mature and popular}.
There was that one time at prom that I went with someone I shouldn't have gone with. It was your senior prom, and you were having fun with your friends. Our only interaction was "Brandon! Dance with my best friend!" And you nodded, apparently terrified that I hated you and was angrily yelling at you to dance with her. {You were wrong there though because I always liked you as a person.}
I found out later on from your sister that you wanted to take someone to prom that year, but she already had a date. I eventually went to Facebook and tried to determine who this special girl was. I would find out later, to my surprise, that you wanted to ask me. What an irony.
Our only interaction after that was really through church. You would sit several pews behind me, with your hand practically covering your face. You did not look entertained. I almost had a game to see how fast you'd race out of church once the service ended. Sometimes I could barely turn around before you'd disappear. Ninja.
I developed a little crush on you. We never talked, but you were so adorable, and every time we passed the street bearing your name, I always thought of you. I didn't know why, but it would prove significant.
Then we started working together. When I found out I got the job, I asked my older sister if you still worked there. And then began the waiting game.
We became friends after I wooed you with my amazing solitaire skills. Then Facebook, then texting... and the rest is history. It might seem like our story came together kind of fast.
But there were long periods of unsure-ness or even you being unaware of my existence. {Jokes.} At one point, I was informed that you were in love with someone else. Oh how that tore me apart. I was... pretty used to rejection. I was almost just angry that it happened again.
And yet, it didn't stop me. Because the way we interacted... it gave me hope. I wasn't sure that you didn't like me back, and that's all I needed to know.
At one point, we went to a movie together {{{{{as friends, wink wink}}}}}. I conveniently "forgot" to bring a jacket, and you conveniently "brought an extra hoodie". {So sly.} I remember whispering silly jokes to you and trying to hide my inner fat kid by not eating all the popcorn.
We sat so close together. The arm rest was between us, but lordy. I was so conscious of your manly arm resting against mine the whole time. When you moved, my world would slightly diminish and, oh, is the movie still going?
Then there was the time we visited the mall together. I wanted to hold your hand so bad. I then rejected food again, but I lusted over your pizza. Promise. Eating in front of people wasn't my thing. Not unless I was comfortable with them. {Now, obviously, I am.}
And then that first date. September 28th. Gosh. We knew at that point that we were in love with each other. You wanted to make the first date special, though. So I went to a zoo event that you claimed you couldn't attend due to school.
But you freakin' showed up. You texted me, we met at a tiger statue {my heart POUNDING}, and you gave me this tight hug that made my knees weak. You took me to a beautiful part of town, we ate ice cream together, and you brought me back to your house. There, you made me wait outside so when I came in, there was rose petals on the floor, and you were there, ready to dance with me. {Dancing's actually kind of our thing, isn't it!}
The night you asked me officially to be your girlfriend was October 25th. {We count the 28th as our anniversary though. There wasn't a doubt that we would be together.} You took me on a walk through my neighborhood, and led me to the beautiful pond with a fountain.
You actually got on one knee to ask me to be official, which I thought was a lovely touch. You even gave me an eloquent speech when you said "I love you" in person, foreal foreal.
Just thinking of all these amazing times, along with the other moments that I haven't even included... Gee.
I am so blessed. You are a wonderful, fantastic, exciting, romantic, perfect gentleman, and I thank God for you every night.
We've had such a magnificent two years, and along with that, knowing you since practically middle school is so crazy awesome. I'll save this for another post, but not only do I know how perfect we are together, but even everyone else knows it. I am so happy to be with you, love.
I love you, je t'aime, te amo, ich liebe dich... none of it can express how much I actually love you.
yours,
m.g.e.
No comments:
Post a Comment