Sunday, September 21, 2014

what a romantic

   Something that I find really adorable about you is the fact that you love to make grand romantic gestures. It's never something I'd have expected to happen until our first Christmas together.
   I'm fairly certain your love language is gift giving, and boy. You just go above and beyond anything I could ask for. It's so sweet, seriously. And you know me so well that I'm constantly taken back by how well you listen to me.
   You're not afraid to go shopping for girly things like makeup or dresses, and you listen to the silly movies I talk about or the colors I'm currently obsessed with.
   And I know that this upcoming anniversary, you're going to stress yourself out {like before} trying to make every detail perfect. I won't ever believe it's less than perfect, because the most important part is that we're celebrating time together and how in love we are. But I have to admit, it's pretty stinkin' cute that you put all the effort into it. Next year, maybe I'll do the surprising. 
   And even though I badger you, I also really do like the surprises. {There, I said it.} It drives me crazy not knowing, because I can never keep secrets from you. I even showed you a glimpse of this blog, so who knows - you could be reading this right now. {If you are, you're grounded.} ;) No, but I trust you.

   I'm just itching for this week to be over so I can spend the day with you. Of course, this whole week, we have separate schedules. But nothing will stop me from having an amazing time with you on Sunday.
   I have my form of coping, though. I'll just be writing about my love for you, right here. And I'll see you in a couple days, because I expressed that I couldn't go a whole week without seeing you - so we'll watch New Girl and make waffles {my favorite <3} and cuddle because 2 years or 1 year and 51 weeks... every day is special to me.
   And I have business to do, mind you. You and I both know well that I'm a chameleon when it comes to hair {yikes, but what can you do?}. I'll just consider it a week of preparing myself to have a wonderful, you-filled day.

   I don't know, this post seems all over the place. But the title speaks the truth: you are a wonderful romantic, and I adore it. I love you so much. 6 days!

yours,
m.g.e.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment