Confidence. It's something I've always struggled with, because the way I see it, there's always areas in life that I need to improve.
You of all people, dearest soulmate, know that I lack confidence in my scholastic endeavors in particular. I could get straight As every semester, and I still would continue to have little panic attacks before each week, as I stress myself out regarding grades.
Now, would earning a B {or even a C} in a class kill me? Nope. Would it ruin my chance at finding a career? Probably not. But does this logic enter my brain more than approximately two times every semester? Absolutely not.
Then there's you. I always find you somewhat mysterious, because you're the most humble person that I know, but you're also completely level-headed and have just the right amount of confidence in yourself. I really admire that trait of yours.
And you have confidence in me. How you bear listening to my stress-outs every 8 weeks, I'll never know. But without fail, you continue to tell me that everything will be okay every 8 weeks. What gets me? You actually mean it. You believe in me more than I thought that anyone ever could. Maybe it's to make up for the fact that I am my worst critic.
Nevertheless, you are such a positive light in my life. I know I might say that a lot, but I wouldn't say it so often if it weren't so true.
This is a short post, but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you. Your never-failing positivity for me is what keeps me going, even in things that I resent {aka, school}. You should know that I'm doing all of it for you and for Christ. Christ graciously put you in my life, so I'm not going to take that for granted.
You are incredible. Thank you for actually making me feel capable. Never thought that would be possible, but then again, I never knew how in love I could be until I met you.
I {confidently} love you.
yours,
m.g.e.
No comments:
Post a Comment