Tuesday, August 19, 2014

loving you

   There are some things that we learn that eventually become natural to us - habitual, even. Once we learn to walk, we just keep on doing it. Unless certain physical circumstances occur, walking becomes something we do every day without even having to remind ourselves, "Okay: left, then right, then left... I think."  
   Then there are other things that are just habits we pick up when we're older that just stick with us. 
   For example, my dad locks the door to the garage every night. It's just become natural to him so he doesn't really think about it, even when, say, I go out for the evening... and come back to a locked door. Even though I've been his daughter for twenty {and a half!} years, he still habitually locks the garage door, without thinking of the people it might be trapping in the dark, scary garage in the middle of the night.
   Hopefully, he's not locking the garage door because he wants me to suffer: he's just doing it because it's his routine.
   And sure, I have my own routines throughout the day. One of those includes hitting the snooze button on my alarm.

   All jokes aside.

   Some people drink coffee every morning. Some write letters {old fashioned is never bad} to their best friends every week, just because. Others find a passion in rescuing pets. And there's even the occasional few who know they're destined to become President of the United States - and they make it happen.
   Sometimes, things really do just happen naturally. Whether it be the little things, or the life aspirations coming to fruition. We're all made for something, right?
   
   And all of this goes to say... let's talk about love. There are those who find other types of love, but perhaps never romantic love. And obviously, there are the ones who do, and find this love in all kinds of variations. It doesn't always come quickly or easily. But I've been magnificently blessed. 
   You see, loving you, for me, is so natural. When we became a couple, it was like we had been together for years. Everything just fell perfectly into place. 
   Our hands fit together like puzzle pieces. 
   We knew each other inside and out. 
   Talking was never uncomfortable and the pauses in conversation were okay, because we knew we were just relishing the presence of each other. 
   I knew that I could tell you anything, and you knew the same. 
   We knew that our relationship was going to last, because not only would we work hard for it, but we were head over heels, falling in this pure, deep love. 
   For some people, this can take years. For us {and others, I'm sure}, it took seconds. If that
   Additionally, you're going to find a career that suits you and your dreams perfectly, and I'm going to take my passion and apply it somewhere. Some of that can be fuzzy, because we have no idea what the future may hold. But I'm okay with that.
   I have you, and that's one of the few things I'm totally, completely confident in. It's like a breath of fresh air.
   I love you beyond words. Thank you for being my natural soulmate.

yours,
m.g.e.

No comments:

Post a Comment