Sunday, August 17, 2014

feeling safe.

   Tonight, I was on a romantic movie kick. Before YOU, stuff like this never happened. I really wasn't into romantic movies whatsoever. Sure, I was in love with Pride & Prejudice, but I always avoided the cheesy, cliché ones. But here I am, watching a Nicholas Sparks movie (GIANT step here) and of course, day dreaming about our own love story.
   The movie happened to be Safe Haven, which is about as "romantic drama" as it gets. If you haven't guessed, the whole premise is that a pretty, mysterious lady has past problems and finds safety in a dashing father of two. {Spoiler alert, I know. Because it wasn't totally obvious..!} And... okay, it was cute.

   But then irony reared its freaky, ugly head. And a spider scurried across my room. I tried to kill it. And it disappeared. I have to wake up in 4 hours, and I am terrified of spiders. Good luck to me.
   THE POINT, however, is that whenever I get scared or worried, you're always the first one I think of and the one I go to. {Naturally, I called you, but you were asleep. ...I'll forgive you eventually. [Kidding. It's late and unlike me, you're not nocturnal.]}
   But in all seriousness, you're the only person I feel comfortable with. I can be completely vulnerable with you, sharing my most insecure feelings that I wouldn't want to tell anyone. You tell me I'm beautiful when I'm feeling the exact opposite. You consider it a victory when I don't wear makeup around you - and believe me, having blonde eyelashes and eyebrows, going without just a little something on my face is a big deal. You brush away any bad feelings I have about myself, and you make me feel like royalty. I mean, I am more fortunate than the richest person in the world because I have you.
   I don't deserve you. And for whatever reason, you still love me, and I consider that the biggest blessing.
   
   So when we're married, and I let out a shriek because a HUMONGOUS SPIDER JUST CRAWLED OUT OF HIDING... know that you're the one I know will protect me. And it's not just spiders. My insecurity, my fears, my past trust issues... you take away it all.
   I get what Mr. Sparks was writing about completely. Because you are my safe haven.
I love you so much.
Now come kill this spider please&thanks.


yours,
m.g.e.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment