Wednesday, May 21, 2014

absence makes the heart grow fonder.

   It's what they all say. In some attempt to make you feel better about distance between you and a loved one, evidently it'll only make your love stronger.
   Okay, I'll bite. I'm sure there's truth to that statement.

   But it doesn't make the distance any easier.

   See, I can't stand time away from you. When you find someone who's that dear to your soul and literally makes you a better version of yourself, you generally need them around to continue your "you-ness". Does that even make sense? It does in my head.
   You've been gone for a week, and it'll be a week longer until you can come back to me. Honestly, it makes my heart ache. 
   
   I never figured I'd be that clingy girl who needed companionship constantly.
   But I think it goes so much further than clingy-ness. As I haphazardly tried to explain above, you make me feel like the truest form of myself that I've ever experienced. You bring out the best in me, because you're the best to me.

   So I guess... while I'm sure this absence between us is great for our hearts and all...

   I wish you'd come home to me, sweet soulmate. I know you wish the same. 
   I much prefer the nearness of you. I love you so much.

yours,
m.g.e.

No comments:

Post a Comment