It's the little things.
I barely knew you, & I was almost certain you didn't feel about me the way I felt about you. (Why should you? You barely knew me, but if you could read my mind, you'd probably think I was crazy.)
We had just started working together at the zoo in the beginning of 2012. I knew I'd fallen head over heels for you well before then.
& boy, you did (& still do) these little things that drove me crazy.
- the way you sat back in your chair at work & cupped your chin in your hand - oh, how I longed for you to say something. Anything.
- the little smirk you got when I said something in order to get a chuckle out of you. I'd do anything to see you smile.
- your scent was intoxicating. You could just walk by & I'd subtly take a deep breath of air because, I swear, the scent of your cologne & your warmth brought life into me.
- the way we could go a whole work day without talking - until the last ten minutes, where you would say the most interesting things. You left me wanting more. I get it.
- the way you moved: it was as if you were on autopilot, with no intention of being in any type of hurry. You had been at the zoo for long enough already, so you seemed constantly bored, but you did your work efficiently.
- your little "mhm"'s that you'd give me, that clearly meant "that was an awful joke you just made..."
- the way you would change into a v-neck before you left work. Somehow you knew that was a weakness of mine, & I don't mind that you used it to your advantage.
- you used your hands so expressively when explaining a concept to a costumer, yet at the same time, everything was so rehearsed for you. You'd heard every question under the sun.
- the way you teased me about losing millions of games of Solitaire. Somedays, I secretly hoped you would scoot closer & show me a card I'd "forgotten" to match.
But those little things kept popping up, & I couldn't deny how much I'd fallen for you, dearest soulmate.
You are my perfection.
yours,
m.g.e.
yours,
m.g.e.
No comments:
Post a Comment